Parchment Folder and LORE System Usage

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
orth's picture
Layonara AdministratorGamemasterKatianWriting Team Member
Parchment Folder and LORE System Usage

The parchment folders are handy ways to keep your writings in one single inventory place and that helps the server too, but now with LORE it's even better. Any parchment you store in your folder becomes editable on LORE through your character page, provided you have registered with your Public CD Key. Here's how it works:

• buy Parchment Folder from General Vendor Note it's not in his inventory, it's a special conversation option
  • buy Parchments (or use existing)
  • use Parchment Folder on Parchment, this removes the parchment from your inventory and "stores" it in your folder
  • visit your character page on LORE, you should now see an option to manage your folders
  • inside your folders you will see your parchments held within for you to edit
  • once done editting, back in game, either next time you login or next LORE (6 minute) heartbeat you will get a message of your folders changing
  • use Parchment Folder on yourself to be given a dialogue for you to select which Parchment you wish to take out
  • Parchment is restored in your inventory with updates
  • use Parchment Folder on another player to give it to them this gives them access to all parchments contained
  • use Parchment Folder on trash can to delete
  • you may have as many Parchment Folders as you wish
  • you can rename Parchment Folders through LORE

GamemasterWriting Team Member

Just plain Awesome! :) Good job!

miltonyorkcastle's picture

no kidding.... I really need to sit down and play with all this stuff....

DruidFolianite

Wow....

FolianiteIlsarian

Amazing! Great job guys! i can't wait to play with it 8)

Toranite

Very very nice! :)

Az'attanMistite

Is this like the parchment system in game? So you can edit the papers in game using those ~ commands to change the description of the papers. Basically this way you don't have to be in game to edit those papers?

orth's picture
Layonara AdministratorGamemasterKatianWriting Team Member

Correct Eloyn, when the parchment is in your folder you can edit it on LORE, when it's removed from your folder and on your character, you can edit it with the quill.

Talan Va'lash's picture
Aeridinite

Yes. You also don't need the ~ commands to edit it from lore. The systems work together.

-TV

Quote:
Eloyn - 1/17/2006 10:36 PM

Is this like the parchment system in game? So you can edit the papers in game using those ~ commands to change the description of the papers. Basically this way you don't have to be in game to edit those papers?

Guardian 452's picture
DoranditeDruidFolianiteKithairieniteVoraxian

So if I buy a new parchment, stick it in my folder... come to LORE and edit it I can skip all the ~ commands?

I believe that is true G.

Talan Va'lash's picture
Aeridinite

Yep. Its very nice for typing out long passages... also, you can copy/paste more readily heh.

-TV

Guardian 452's picture
DoranditeDruidFolianiteKithairieniteVoraxian

Good deal.... cant type worth a darn so the less fancy things I have to add... the less things I can screw up ;)

riiight, so, I sat down and stared a LORE for a little while last night, and I have no clue where to do the 'edit the parchment' bit everyone is talking about... and, yes, I have a parchment folder with a piece of parchment in it. So, to clarify, my question is: where do I go on the Lore site to do the 'writing'?

Voraxian

Go to the PCs listing, find the name of your character and go to his profile. Along the top there should be a "parchments folder" option, or something similar. If you click on that the rest of it becomes pretty self explanatory.

I was playing around with that last night, I much prefer it to the in-game editing, it's a lot easier, and you don't have to worry about all the commands :)

hmmm, I can't check right now (while these forums are not blocked where I work, LORE is, for some reason), but last night I did not see a "parchment folder" option with my character, Cole.

Have you registered your public cd key on LORE?

*scratches head* you know, I thought I did all that when I registered.... but maybe not. I'll look into that again.

Corathite

I placed several long scrolls into the folder and edited them on LORE. It sent me a message saying it had updated the scroll online. So I waited a bit then went into the folder and noticed it had updated the scroll titles. Then I extracted them from the folder and proceeded to look at the scrolls. They still had the default words. One of the two scrolls I had even begun typing using the ingame system even had its contents erased.

@aragon, please make sure you post that in the bug reports area.

*head-bangs* woohoo! got it to work!

oh, and, I don't really think this is a bug, just that the portrait pack isn't updated or something, not sure, but Cole's pic does not show up on the LORE site. Oh, and while he doesn't show up when I log onto the server anymore, "Steel Carrioneater" shows up on Lore.

Chrys Ellis's picture

How do we know the capacity of each type of parchment? I received an elongated parchment from Ahndar, which contained a long list of resources our guild uses. I put it in the folder to edit it, and it was chopped to only one page (in game) of text. I assume the parchements should tell you when you have reached the limit for them, shouldn't they?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or register to post comments